If your ticket reservation has been done with American Airlines with a spelling mistake and you are looking for a solution to rectify it then this article can help you. Airlines Name change policy is one such provision that lets you fix spelling errors in your existing ticket quickly and easily. You do not have to cancel it but simply take advantage of this policy. The ticket name changes like spelling mistakes come under the category of minor changes so they can be conveniently rectified online. However, you have other options to make a ticket name change.
If you are wondering what to do if there is a spelling error in the name on your AA ticket, read this article to get more information about Airlines name change policy till the end and you’ll be sorted forever!
SPELLING ERROR CORRECTION ON AA TICKETS
As spelling mistakes are common while reserving flight tickets, they can be changed without any hassle under Airlines Name Correction policy. However, you can only correct up to three characters in your name on an AA ticket. If there are more than 3 characters that need to be corrected, you may need assistance from the reservations department or simply cancel the existing ticket and book a new one.
However, if you need to correct 3 characters or less, then follow these steps to quick rectification of errors.
- Fix Spelling Errors Online
- Go to the official AA website- aa.com.
- Navigate toward the tab “My Trips.”
- Enter the first & last names in the assigned sections.
- Up next, put your booking code in the given field.
- Press the tab “Find Reservations” to see all your AA bookings.
- Now, choose the flight on which you need to make ticket name changes.
- It’s time to rectify the spelling errors by editing the name.
- Pay the name change fee, if applicable.
- At last, you will receive an official name change confirmation email in your registered email inbox.
- As said above, for rectifying more than 3 characters, you may need assistance from reservations executives. You can reach them by phone at (833) 246-4556.
As spelling errors are minor errors, they may not need any legal documents for name validation. However, it’s always better to keep your government-issued photo ID document ready just in case it’s required. It will further save you from last-minute hassles. So, do not worry at all if you’ve by mistake made spelling errors on the AA tickets as Airlines name correction policy will help you!